The gantry nondestructive testing system (eddy current and ultrasonic testing) is designed by COBE for the following products:
Products of metallurgical plant and machinery factory such as seamless steel pipe, titanium pipe, etc.
Bars: steel bar, aluminum bar, titanium bar etc.
1. Detection targets: seamless pipe, stick
2. Detection material: carbon steel, stainless steel and copper, aluminum and other metallic materials and non-metallic materials
3. Detection speed: 20m/min
4. Detection mode: gantry: the steel pipe spinning on the spot while the probe moving left and right to scan it.
The gantry nondestructive testing system (eddy current and ultrasonic testing) adopts eddy current and ultrasonic multi-frequency multi-channel array type, and multi-directional joint detection techniques. The system consists of industrial control computer, motion control system, detection rotating stage, gantry, loading and unloading device, electrical control system, multi-channel ultrasonic testing equipment, multi-channel eddy current testing equipment, control analysis software and some other parts. It adopts joint flaw detection of ultrasonic wave and plane eddy current, realizing joint radial ultrasonic testing and surface eddy current testing.
Automated flaw detection process:
The workpiece such as steel pipe enters the detection area from the loading system. Then the steel pipe spins on the spot while the probe moves left and right to scan it. After detection, the workpiece will be transmitted to automatic sorting and unloading system.
1. The rotation of the workpiece greatly reduces shaking caused by mechanical reasons. Meanwhile, the forward speed of probe can be adjusted. For those reasons, this system can control the detection quality very well.
2. This system can be used for ultrasonic flaw detection of a variety of sizes of workpiece. The detection mode is flexible and the system is quite stable.
3. The speed of material selection and probe frame forward is continuously adjustable.
4. The probe is non-contact. You can choose different probe frame according to different pipe diameter.
5. It adopts multi-group array probe technology, so that it can carry out internal and external cross and longitudinal flaw detection, thickness measuring, coupling monitoring and other comprehensive testing.
6. It can carry out automatic alarming and marking on defects, so that it will be convenient to check the defect location later.